I write the occasional book review.
It is something like a busperson’s holiday, I suppose.
However, could you imagine a writer who does not read?
(For a contrasting sort of book review project, try my #rereading page.)
Books reviews to date, latest first —
- The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches, by Alan Btradley
- The Accursed, by Joyce Carol Oates
- Flimsy Little Plastic Miracles, by Ron Currie
- On the Map, by Simon Garfield
- One for the Books, by Joe Queenan
- Phantoms on the bookshelves, by Jacques Bonnet (translated from the French by James Salter)
- Three book lovers’ books (Deborah Harkness, Carlos Ruiz Zafon, Robin Sloan)
- A tale of two mystery series authors – Cora Black and Louise Penny